Saturday 21 February 2015

Spoiler Alert … intended

One week til blog-launch. 

Here is a look at the year ahead of us. I’m told that this breaks a basic blog rule … don’t tell people what’s coming. I’m told that the whole point about a blog is that it is personal, it’s honest (and unfiltered) and that it is in real time … in the moment, so to speak.

But then I thought about the movie, “Julie and Julia,” where Julie, an American woman,  set out on a project to cook her way through every recipe (>500 if I recall) in Julia Child’s cookbook on French cooking … and she blogged about it. Her blog was as much about the process as it was the results, and it was rife with honesty of the failures and successes.

Well, my blog isn’t about French cooking, but it is about PIE. It’s going to be personal and honest (just how honest?  Well, you’ll understand when I talk about why Richard Doesn’t Care). Julie’s followers knew what was coming if they peaked at the table of contents in Mrs. Child’s cookbook. But I don’t have a cookbook, so I am giving that to you right here, right now … the TOC, not a cookbook.

It’s my nature to be a planner … I have to look ahead (except when driving out of the airport with you in the car Faith … I prefer changing lanes at the last moment, just to make you a little bit crazy). In thinking about this blog I knew that there were certain things I wanted to capture, express, confess or share. I mapped it out to see whether it would fit into a year. It didn’t, so I needed to prune the list. It’s now down to its bare essence and mapped out carefully … strategically … tactically … over the weeks and months of this coming year. Then I figured, why not show you where I’m going so you won't keep asking the question you asked me on every journey we took when you were both little, "are we there yet?"

Voici!  …. the monthly themes along with the weekly titles posted each Saturday.

  

March – Who's Yoh Daddy?
A look at what makes yoh daddy tick.
·         A Tale of 2 Storms
·         Vulnerability
·         EM for Dummies
·         Pete-XR2.2

April
– Reel Life Wisdom
Cool movie titles that describe key truths that changed my life.
·         Trouble with the Curve
·         Hard Target
·         Matrix Revolutions
·         The Life of PIE

May
– Weaponizing effectiveness
Living strategically and tactically … for optimal performance (and fulfilment).
·         SEAL Tactics for Living
·         Life lessons from the SEa
·         Life lessons from the Air
·         Life lessons from the Land
·         Let Slip the Dogs of War

June
– E = well, everything
The human energy laws and their implications in day-to-day living.
·         Through the Looking Glass
·         A Lost Art
·         A Lost Discipline
·         A Lost Prudence

July – God grant me the serenity …
Change! Is it a blessing or a curse?
·         It’s All about Here
·         Breakdown Breakthrough
·         Hammer Time!
·         It’s NOT about Happy

August – Personal-crap detector
Why I needed to really understand that my crap stinks.
·         Physical Crap
·         Emotional Crap
·         Mental Crap
·         Social Crap
·         Spiritual Crap (not to be confused with Holy Crap)

September – Cold fusion Living
Manufacturing your own energy for getting life done
·         Spontaneous Human Combustion
·         Life at the Speed of Light
·         Owing Little Dried Grapes
·         The Other PMS

October – Freedom-hacks
Things I wished I learned a lot sooner (or …why don't they teach this stuff in school?)
·         Life’s Simplest Stress Buster
·         Life’s Most Important Habit
·         Life’s Most Important Skill
·         Life’s Most important Mindset (Heartset)
·         Life’s Most Important Practice

November – The Family Jewels
A few precious gems about loving your spouse and children
·         The 50/50 Fallacy
·         One Mind, Two Locations
·         Making a Mighty Mini-Me
·         Raising Texans

December – Meet the Parents
Unforgettable things my parents told me.
·         Don’t Flatter Yourself
·         Always Choose Ignorance
·         Dangerous Half-truths
·         Richard Doesn’t care.

January – Sesame Street Simplicity
Weekly offerings brought to you by the numbers 1-5 and by the letters L T P S and F
·         1 Life to Live Love
·         2 Time Travel Tales
·         3 Paramount Paradoxes
·         4 Spectacular S-ittudes
·         5-Factor Fitness Findings

February – The Game of Life
Game titles that capture the final perspectives I want to share.
·         Trivial Pursuit
·         Hands-down!
·         Tip-it!
·         Are We There Yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment